Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
- The proanthocyanidins and flavonoids present in pomegranate induces collagen production and rebuilds damaged collagen that aids in tightening of skin leaving it wrinkle free.
- It also promotes proliferation of dead cells and works on aged skin by repairing skin bruises, dryness, freckles and irregular pigmentation leaving skin appear flawless and radiant.
- The ellagitannins and ellagic acid present in pomegranate inhibits melanin formation that reduces dark spots and UV induced skin pigmentation
- The antioxidant potential of tannins and Punicalagins present in pomegranate is more than that of red wine and green tea, which scavenges free radicals and protects skin from photo-ageing.
- The polyphenolic compounds help in maintenance of skin health against oxidative damage and UVB radiation.